Information on the protection of your data
In accordance with Articles 13, 14 and 21 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
With the following information we would like to give you an overview of the collection and processing of your personal data by us and your rights under the data protection regulations.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of the data?
This data protection information applies to the processing of my personal data by:
DVV Media Group GmbH
Managing Director: Martin Weber
2. How can you contact the responsible data protection officer?
The company data protection officer can be contacted as follows:
DVV Media Group GmbH
Heidenkampsweg 73 – 79 · 20097 Hamburg
and by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
and by telephone at: +49 (0)40/23714-100
3. What do we process your data for (purpose of processing) and on what legal basis?
We process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
• To fulfil contractual obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 b GDPR)
The processing of data takes place for the purpose of providing our services (products and services such as subscription orders or advertising orders) in the context of order and contract processing with our interested parties and customers.
The purposes of data processing are primarily based on the services ordered by konk-ret. Further details on data processing purposes can be found in the underlying order and/or contract documents as well as in the General Terms and Conditions.
• On the basis of consent (Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR)
If consent has been given for the processing of personal data for specific purposes (e.g. for the transfer of data to cooperation partners), the processing is legal on the basis of this consent. A given consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
If you have expressly consented, we also use your data for sales and marketing information via our media services, which we send to you via electronic channels (e.g. e-mail, telephone, fax), also on the basis of your personal usage behaviour (art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR, § 7 UWG). Please note that a revocation will only take effect in the future. Processing that took place before the revocation is not affected by this.
• In the context of balancing interests (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR)
If necessary, we process personal data beyond our own performance of the contract to protect the legitimate interests of us or third parties. This concerns the consultation of and data exchange with credit agencies to determine creditworthiness and default risks, the assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes, the improvement of our products and services as well as their marketing on the basis of customer surveys and the measured personal use or utilisation of individual product or service components, direct advertising for our own product offers as well as the protection measures to safeguard granted rights of use of copyrighted content within the meaning of § 95 a UrhG. (German content protection law)
4. who are the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data may be communicated?
In order to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations, customer data may be passed on to other Group companies or external service providers. This can be e.g.:
Printing and logistics service providers:
IT service and consulting companies:
- Service, hosting and data center
- Customer database applications
- Online/Internet Infrastructure
- support Website and WebShop
- Software development and consulting
- data management
- E-mail dispatch software
Marketing and service provider, cooperation partner:
- online marketing service provider
- exhibition agencies
- Merge Letter Creation
- media reach control
- Mailrooom Services
- logistics service provider
- event organization and execution
Billing and debt-collection service provider:
- external financial audit
- Payment transaction processing
- Data Management
5. Is data transferred to a third country or an international organisation?
The transfer of personal data to recipients in third countries or international organisations is currently not taking place and is not planned for the future.
6. How long is the data stored?
Insofar as your data is not subject to any statutory storage and documentation obligations (which may arise, inter alia, from the German Commercial Code (HGB) and amount to up to 10 years), it will be deleted after the earmarking has ceased. For example, after termination of a contract, work is generally still required to complete the contract or storage is required until the end of the respective statutory (according to §§ 195 ff. of the German Civil Code (BGB) usually 3 years, but in certain cases up to 30 years) or contractual limitation periods.
As far as a consent for the processing of personal data for certain purposes (e.g. for the passing on of data to cooperation partners, for advertising purposes etc.) was given, your data are stored as long as these purposes require it or as long as, until the appropriate consent is revoked by them.
7. What rights do you have as the person concerned?
As the person concerned, you can exercise the following rights:
- information regarding the personal data stored about you
- correction, deletion and limitation of the processing of your data
- opposition to the processing of their data
- transmission of data provided by them
- If the processing of your data is based on a consent, you have the right to revoke this at any time.
8. what rights of appeal do you have?
You have the right to contact the competent data protection supervisory authority. The responsible contact point is here:
Der Hamburgische Beauftragte für Datenschutz
Ludwig-Erhard-Str 22, 7. OG
Tel.: 040 428 54 – 4040
The provision of your personal data is required by contract or required for the conclusion of a contract. Without providing the necessary data, an order/contractual relationship cannot be established.
If the controller intends to process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which the personal data was collected, the controller will provide you with information about this other purpose and all other relevant information prior to such further processing.